Generally described as a small slit, cut or tear, which is found in the delicate tissue that lines the anus, an anal fissure can be compared to the similar kind of cut you get between your top and bottom lips. While the case with lips is not so painful, unfortunately, with anal fissures it takes longer time to heal and it is extremely painful. In case, you face these, here is a list of some natural solutions to cure the problem in an efficient and effective manner. Have a look.
Are you suffering from anal fissures? In case the answer is yes, you might be aware of the problem. But if not, it is first important to understand the problem in detail. Basically, it is a crack or tear, said to occur near the skin surrounding the anal opening. Most of the times, the break in skin extends to the posterior area. In such condition, you will notice bright red tinge during the bowel movement. And at time, there may be blood in the toilet paper too.
In case, the fissure is a minor tear, chances are that it will heal naturally. However, for the deeper ones, immediate treatment is a must have. So, here is a list of some herbal remedies for anal fissure.
- Comfrey: Being a highly popular herb, it simply helps in healing. The good is that both the root and leaves comes with medicinal properties, which are highly useful in promoting cell growth and regenerating skin tissues. And all these factors contribute in the healing process.
All you need to do is add 1 tablespoon of dried comfrey in 1 cup of hot water. Simply cover it and steep it for 15 minutes. Now strain and let it cool. You need to apply this solution to clean the affected area and it can be used twice or thrice a day.
- Aloe Vera: It comes with pain-relieving properties and natural healing powers. Well known to help repair damaged skin tissues, it eases symptoms of anal fissures. For effective treatment for chronic anal fissures, just cut off one leaf of an aloe vera plant. Now slice it lengthwise gently with help of spoon to scrape out the gel. This fresh gel has to be applied on the affected area. It can be repeated several times a day.
- Olive Oil: If you have difficulties in passing the stool, olive oil can be of great use. Being rich in healthy fats, it will lubricate your bowel system. Along this, it carries anti-inflammatory properties, which help ing pain caused by anal fissures. The right way to use this natural ingredient is to mix equal amounts of olive oil, honey and beeswax. To melt down the beeswax, microwave the combination and let it cool.
- Flaxseed: Having a high amount of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, it is ideal solution for constipation, one of the major reasons of anal fissures. The laxative property eases the strain, which is required during a bowel movement. For best results blend 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder in one glass water. Before you go to bed, drink it to regulate your bowel movements.
- Fiber: Another good thing you can do is follow a high-fiber diet. While this will encourage regular bowel movements, it helps in softening the stools passage. The result is that you do not have to use much pressure during a bowel movement. Hence, eliminating the damage to the lining of the anus! Quinoa, buckwheat, legumes, oatmeal, prunes, spinach, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, are among the best protein rich food.
In the end, remember, there are number of diseases, including tuberculosis, cancer and some sexually transmitted diseases, which might cause anal fissure. Hence, before you go for any kind of treatment, it is important to ensure that there are no underlying diseases that causes anal fissure.