Using a right amount of numbing cream is essential for the long lasting effect. Here we have given the right amount of a numbing cream for tattoos, piercing and injection.
Numbing cream, also known as topical anaesthetic, is used to reduce pain and discomfort in tattoos, piercing and minor incisions. Its numbing formula dulls the nerve endings so they can’t pass the “pain signals” to the brain.
These creams are easy to use, just like any skin ointment. Wash your skin and apply the numbing cream one hour before your piercing and tattooing. It is the common way to use the numbing cream, no matter what brand you use.
However, most people are not sure about the amount they should use for a specific purpose. And you should be aware of the right percentage of numbing cream. Applying a huge amount of numbing can lead to the side effects while a small amount won’t give long lasting numbing effect.
Therefore, you should be particular about the right amount of numbing cream. Here, we discuss how much quantity will be appropriate and safe for tattooing, piercing and waxing.
- Use 10g tube for an ankle or wrist type tattoo
- Use 30g tube for the tattoo of the size of your palm
- Use Two 30 g tube for larger parts like shoulder, lower leg calf and upper arm
- Use Three 30 g tubes for full upper arm and full lower leg
- Use 10g Tube for ear, lip or belly button
- Use 30g Tube for more wide area piercings
For Waxing and Laser:
- Use 10g Tube for bikini line and eyebrow pluck
- Use 30g Tube for Brazilian waxing of lower legs below knee
- Use two 30g tubes for entire leg area
For Botox and Cosmetics:
30g Tube for lips and permanent makeup
Injections and Vaccinations:
One 10g Tube for 3-5 needle injection site numbing
One 30g Tube for 7-10 needle injection site numbing
So, it was all about the percentage of numbing cream for tattooing, piercing, and injections. Don’t worry if you have a large numbing cream tube and you are not able to take out the exact amount of numbing cream. Just take the numbing cream on the basis of your estimation which can be slightly less or more than the above given percentage. In case of doubt, you can ask your piercer, tattooist or physician.