Warts is one such common skin problem which can appear anywhere on the body. However, these are commonly found on the hands and feet. While they can grow in clusters, it can cause problem for your skin. Not to worry, checkout some natural solutions to get rid of them at home.
Are you having those raised bumps on your skin? These can be warts caused by the human papilla virus (HPV). Their existence is dated thousands of years back. They are believed to be discovered on 3,000-year-old mummies. The only good thing is that these warts are generally not dangerous. But yes, these are ugly, contagious, potentially embarrassing, and painful, at times.
As far as the types are considered, there are five major warts, appearing in different ways and on different parts of the body. Here’s a little more about these Wart Types:
- Common Warts: Usually, you will find them on your fingers and toes. But, these can appear elsewhere too. Having a rough and grainy appearance, the common warts appear grayer than the surrounding skin.
- Filiform Warts: If you have those small and tiny flap shaped or tag of skin, you are having filiform warts. These often grow around your mouth or nose, but in several these can appear on the neck or under your chin. They are difficult to recognize as they are the same color as your skin.
- Periungual Warts: These can be little more painful. The reason being periungual warts grow under or/ and around the toenails and fingernails.
- Plantar Warts: These are said to grow on the soles of the feet. And unlike other warts, these grow into your skin, not out of it. Hence, if you notice a small hole in the bottom of your foot, which is surrounded by hardened skin, it can be a plantar wart. It simply makes walking uncomfortable.
- Flat Warts: These are said to grow on the face, thighs, or arms. Being small in size, these are not immediately noticeable. Also, these have flat top, and appear to be scraped. The color can vary from person to person; it can be brownish, pink or slightly yellow.
Now the question arises, how to treat them? Well, big thanks to nature. There are some simple natural remedies you can put your hands on and get rid of warts. Find some solutions here:
Amazing Aloe Vera:
Well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it turns to be highly effective in treating warts. All you need to do is:
- Extract fresh gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Now using a clean cotton ball you can apply the fresh aloe vera gel on the wart.
- You can use a bandage or tape to hold the cotton ball.
Remember, you need to repeat the process twice a day for two weeks.
Whether it is about antiviral, antibacterial, or anti fungal properties, this small herb helps fight viral infections significantly. And yes, it works on warts too.
- You need to crush a garlic clove and then apply it on the affected area.
- With a bandage coves the area and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Later you can wash the area thoroughly.
Doing this twice daily for about a week will leads to positive results. It is the caustic effect of the garlic which will cause the wart to blister soon.
Astounding Apple Cider Vinegar:
The one element which is available easily in your kitchen and carries amazing antiviral, antibacterial, and anti fungal properties, ACV can be used to get rid of warts. Here’s how to proceed:
- Just dilute two parts apple cider vinegar with one part of water.
- Use a clean cotton ball to apply this solution on the affected area.
- With a bandage or tape cover the area.
Repeat it for a few weeks. While in a few days the warts will start turning black, soon after it will fall off.
So, for now try any of these natural remedies and help alleviate your warts without the fear of any side effects.